Thank you for your interest in advertising in The Silent Word Newspaper! Your advertisement helps us send The Silent Word free of charge to subscribers. We are grateful for churches, ministries, and individuals who partner with us to send this unique and helpful newspaper. Advertisers must agree with SWM Articles of Faith.
Pricing & Design
- $200 (10 x 7 in) – 1/3 Page
- $125 (5 x 7 in) – Most Popular
- $75 (5 x 3.25 in)
- $50 (3.25 x 3 in)
- $35 (3.25 x 1.5 in)
- $25 (2 x 2 in)
- $15 (2 x 1 in) – Classified Ad
- $90 Church Ad for one year – See sample on right
Other sizes also available. Contact us for more information. *Actual ad size may vary slightly, depending on ad and location. SWM reserves the right to resize ads to fit available space.
Church Ads: Listed on the Churches Page and have a 6-line limit. Other information may be included, but it must all fit in 6 lines. Cost: $15 per issue, $90 per year. SWM will invoice church after publication.
Ministry Ads: Great for churches, ministries, or special events! SWM will invoice church or ministry after publication.
First Time: Please send check with ad. Regular ads will be invoiced.
- January 5 – January/February Issue
- March 5 – March/April Issue
- May 5 – May/June Issue
- July 5 – July/August Issue
- September 5 – September/October Issue
- November 5 – November/December Issue
The Silent Word Newspaper is produced electronically. Therefore artwork submitted on paper will be scanned and used as submitted, unless otherwise advised.
- You Design Ad – Artwork may be sent by email or on paper by postal mail to our office.
- Requirements for submitting ads by email:
- JPG format only (no PDF or other formats)
- 300 DPI (dots per inch) or more
- Ad designed to proper size
- Black or grayscale color mode
- Upload to SWM Here
- Recommendations for designing ads:
- It is always best to design ads in graphic design software such as Adobe PhotoShop (recommended). There are also low cost or free graphic design programs available on the Internet (for example, Gimp at www.gimp.org, PagePlus at www.serif.com, or GetPaint at getpaint.net. SWM uses PagePlus to create the Silent Word Newspaper).
- Print your design to confirm all elements print as you intended.
- Make sure the design fits within the space required. Use program rulers, then print the design and use a standard ruler.
- Good designs usually use no more than 3 different fonts.
- Smallest recommended font size is 8 points. 10 points and above is best.
- Keep the design simple. White space attracts attention.
- Avoid underlining. Use bold or italics instead.
- Requirements for submitting ads by email:
- We Design Ad – Silent Word Ministries can design text advertisements and simple graphic advertisements at no extra charge. Please submit all information for ad by email or postal mail. SWM reserves editorial rights on advertisements submitted as text. You may also send a sample ad as a guideline for designing your ad.
Introduction – Silent Word Ministries is a missionary ministry and mission board dedicated to taking the Gospel to the deaf world and then teaching them in accordance with the Great Commission. We publish and print a ten-year Sunday School program, manuals to aid deaf workers, books, literature, Deaf Bible Institute program, tracts, and a bi-monthly newspaper. All our Bible reference verses will be King James Version Scriptures.
Financial Policy – We are an approved nonprofit tax exempt (501c3) organization independent from any organization or society. We are supported by churches and friends who share our burden to reach the deaf world for Christ. Our policy is to remain debt free and build only as the Lord provides. Upon request, we will send a financial report. Because of your gifts and support, many deaf people will hear in Heaven. Our teachings are in accordance with Baptist doctrines.
- The Holy Scriptures – We believe the Holy Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments to be the verbally-inspired Word of God, the final authority for faith and life, inerrant in the original writings, infallible and God-breathed (II Timothy 3:16-17).
- The Godhead – We believe in one Triune God, eternally existing in three persons, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit; co-eternal in being, co-identical in nature, co-equal in power and glory, and having the same attributes and perfection (Deuteronomy 6:4, II Corinthians 13:14).
- The Person and Work of Christ – We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ, the eternal Son of God, became man without ceasing to be God, having been conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary, in order that He might reveal God and redeem sinful man (John 1:1-2,14, Luke 1:36). We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ accomplished redemption through His death as a representative, vicarious, substitutionary sacrifice; and, that our justification is made sure by His literal, physical resurrection from the dead (Romans 3:24-25, Ephesians 1:7). We believe the Lord Jesus Christ ascended to Heaven and is now exalted at the right hand of God, where, He is our High Priest, Intercessor, and Advocate (Hebrews 9:24,7:25).
- The Person and Work of the Holy Spirit – We believe that the Holy Spirit is a Person who convicts the world of sin, of righteousness, and of judgment; and that He is the Supernatural Agent in regeneration, baptizing all believers into the body of Christ, indwelling, and sealing them unto the day of redemption (John 16:8-11, Ephesians 1:13-14). We believe that He is the Divine Teacher who guides believers into all truth (John 16:13, Ephesians 5:18).
- The Total Depravity of Man – We believe that man was created in the image and likeness of God, but that in Adam’s sin the race fell, inherited a sinful nature, and became alienated from God; and that man is totally depraved, and of himself utterly unable to remedy his lost condition (Genesis 1:26-27, Romans 3:22-23, 5:12).
- Salvation – We believe that salvation is the gift of God brought to man by grace and received by personal faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, whose precious blood was shed on Calvary for the forgiveness of our sins (Ephesians 2:8-9, John 1:12).
- The Personality of Satan – We believe that Satan is a person, the author of sin and the cause of the fall; that he is the declared enemy of God and man; and that he shall be eternally punished in the Lake of Fire (Matthew 25:41; Revelation 20:10).
- Missions – We believe that it is the obligation of the saved to witness by life and by word to the truths of Holy Scripture and to seek to proclaim the Gospel to all mankind (Mark 16:15, Acts 1:8).
- Eternal Security and Assurance of Believers – We believe that all the redeemed, once saved, are kept by God’s power and are secure in Christ forever (John 6:37-40).
- The Two Natures of the Believer – We believe that every saved person possesses two natures, with provision made for victory of the new nature over the old nature through the power of the indwelling Holy Spirit (Romans 6:13, 8:12-13).
- Separation – We believe that believers should live in such a manner as not to bring reproach upon their Saviour and Lord; and that separation from all religious apostasy, and all worldly and sinful pleasures and practices is commanded by God (II Timothy 3:1-5, Romans 12:1-2, I John 2:15-17).
- The Ministry and Spiritual Gifts – We believe that God is sovereign in bestowing all His gifts, and that the gifts of evangelists, pastors, and teachers are sufficient for the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, and for the edifying of the Body of Christ today (Ephesians 4:7-12).
- The Church – We believe that the Church is a spiritual organism made up of all born-again persons of this present age (Ephesians 1:22-23). We believe that the establishment and continuance of local churches is clearly taught and defined in the Scriptures (Acts 14:27, 20:17). We believe that a New Testament church is a local group of baptized believers united for His purposes and for spreading the Word locally and worldwide. We believe that it is completely self-determining and responsible only to Christ, the Head of the Church (Colossians 1:1-18).
- The Second Advent of Christ – We believe in that “Blessed Hope,” the personal, imminent, pre-tribulation, and premillennial coming of the Lord Jesus Christ for His redeemed ones (I Thessalonians 4:13-18).
- The Eternal State of Man – We believe in the bodily resurrection of all men; the saved to eternal life, and the unsaved to everlasting punishment (John 5:28-29). We believe that the souls of the redeemed are, at death, absent from the body and present with the Lord (II Corinthians 5:8).